Friday, September 14, 2012

walmart beauty

two words you won't normally find me putting into a sentence:

Walmart & Beauty.


But alas, here we are.  I roamed the aisles of Wally world to show you some of my favorite and don't-even-think-about-touching products.

First we'll play a little game called THIS not THAT.

I wanted to venture out of my mascara box and instead of getting my usual, I got Maybelline's MEGA PLUSH and do not want our readers to waste their money doing the same.

THIS
{a long time favorite}




NOT
THAT

Tried the imitation drugstore version of MAC's blacktrack.



Love
THIS



NOT
THAT
{hate it when that happens!}
 BUT do we love when the cheaper version does give us results?   YES we do!  What good can a 57 cent bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide do?  It will save you lots of Moo-la on teeth whitening products.  That's what!  Did you know that those little Crest White Strips are practically ALL Hydrogen Peroxide?  Yeah.  So you can swoosh it around in your mouth like mouth wash.  OR put some on a Q-Tip and swab your teeth, then rinse!  Genius.  I know.  And so we have...

THIS




NOT
THAT


Wasn't that fun?  Now for a few more Walmart likes!

Sally Hansen Insta-dri
I REALLY like painting my girls nails with this because it dries so quickly!


Burt's Bee's Chapstick
Thee best. end of story.

Dry Shampoo #1

Dry Shampoo #2




And lastly we have my NEVER EVER EVER under any circumstance should you EVER use Jell-o to color your hair.  I feel like sweet young girls all over the world think "oh this would be so fun to add a pop of color to my hair for a few weeks."  DISASTER.  I colored and recolored some hair a few weeks back that had been Jello-fied and it does NOT come out people.  Horror story.  So tell your friends and tell them to tell their friends.  This is a NO-GO.


  

what is your favorite drugstore product?
...or  product you  need to warn us about

6 comments:

Jamie said...

These are my favorite kind of posts (I'm such a dork) but honestly, my mom got me hooked recently on Alma get up and Grow mascara $7 at drugstore. It really makes our eyelashes look much longer. I haven't strayed from my Cover girl Professionals mascara in years and have tried several other ones and always go back to my CG but this Almay made me switch. Just saying! :)

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

YAY!!! I'll have to try it Jamie! Thanks for the tip.

The Banners said...

I've never tried the MAC liner, but I really love Loreal's Infallible Lacquer Liner. I've tried the Maybelline one and the Loreal one is way better! You should give it a shot. I need to try those dry shampoos!

Sean and Deana said...

You just saved me loads of money! I was going to buy teeth whitener this week. now I'm going to try the hydrogen peroxiode instead. thanks!!

Andrea said...

Are you for reals about the teeth whitener?? I'm kinda scared to do it!!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Jade- Sounds like something I totally need to try!

Girls. I've been using the hydrogen peroxide. It even says on the bottle that you can use it as mouthwash so it's totally safe. I"m sure the results aren't as "strong" as they would be with the white strips since you're not leaving it on a half hour...unless you have time to q tip swab your teeth for 30 min straight. But I feel like I'm starting to see a difference after having used it 4-5 days! I should do a before/after!