Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BB Cream

New beauty craze alert: BB Creams. 

Have you heard about this?

I learned about BB Creams a few years ago when MAC created a special line of them to only be released in Asia. Asia was the first area to introduce BB creams and they took off from there!

"BB" stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm. Here's the scoop: this cream is usually used in lieu of foundation so it is ideal for those of you who already use tinted moisturizer. (although it can be used underneath foundation for extra coverage and protection). Think of it as tinted moisturizer on crack. At Disneyland. Eating cotton candy. This skin care-meets makeup concoction is touted as a tinted moisturizer, SPF, primer, anti ager, and pimple treatment all in one! Cosmetics companies have caught on to Asia's remarkable cream and have come out with dozens of options for the consumers (us!). 

Here's the best of the best (and why it's so great):

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream $13: ideal if you want a little more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer (contains minerals)

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream $37: ideal for fair skin tones

Two-Faced Beauty Balm $32: provides dewiness for extra fresh skin

Either of the Dr. Jart Beauty Balms $34-$39: hydration station dot com
Stila Stay All Day Beauty Balm $38: hides wrinkles and pores. great for picture taking





Have any of you tried BB Creams yet? What's your experience?

3 comments:

Alison (Wardrobe Oxygen) said...

I have only tried the Garnier and I have a love/hate relationship with it. Bad smell, sort of greasy, but it's a fabulous weekend product and I like how it looks far better than tinted moisturizer - it's a thicker formula, a tad more opaque, but still natural. I just need to try another brand!

Britney Jean said...

I just read another blog about this stuff. Now I REALLY have to try it. Now I just gotta decide which one? Ha.

Jake and Kalli said...

I've been wanting to try one for a while now! I have heard that the Garnier one is a little too greasy for oily/acneic skin, so it's probably better for dry skin. I tested out the Stilla one the other day at ulta and really liked it!