Thursday, July 12, 2012

Keira Knightly's makeup look

Keira Knightly bugs.
It's the lips! I really have a hard time when people get their lips done. Especially Keira because she puckers her lips when she talks and I can't concentrate on anything else.

That is all besides the fact because when I saw this picture in a magazine of her amazing makeup I knew I would have to put my lip prejudice aside so I could post this for you.


I wanted to challenge myself to recommend only drugstore products for this look, so here goes:


Maybelline Define a Brow in Dark Blonde (a great alternative to MAC Lingering. If you are blonder, try Light Blonde)

Cover Girl eye shadow in Champagne

Revlon Lipstick in Berry Haute

ELF cream eyeliner in Black

ELF blush in Tickled Pink

L'oreal Studio Secrets Professional eyeshadow duo in Bronze Star



Keira's makeup look is really simple. It's all about thick eyeliner and strategically placed highlighting.

After your face makeup is done, brush some of the Tickled Pink blush under your cheekbones to define and use the Champagne eyeshadow with a fluffy brush to highlight on top of your cheekbone.

Once your skin is done, use a flat brush to deposit a good coat of the dark shimmery eye shadow all over the bottom half of your lid (from the crease down to the lash line). Next grab a fluffy brush and use the other eye shadow to blend just to the top of your orbital bone (use circular motions to blend). Next take the Champagne eye shadow again and put it all over the brow bone and in the tear duct. This will reflect light and make your eyes look bigger and brighter like Keira's!

Next, use a small eyeliner brush to line both the top and bottom eyelids. On the bottom, try to get the liner in the water line as much as possible. On the top, make the liner thicker towards the outer edge of the eye. 

Use a small brush to dust some of the shimmery brown shadow underneath the eyeliner under the bottom lashes. 

Fill in eyebrows with small, quick strokes that mimic the movement of the brow hairs.

Put on the Berry Haute lipstick and blot for less color.

Finish off with 2-3 coats of your favorite mascara, paying special attention to the outer corners and bottom lashes.

Voila! You're practically Keira's twin. 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This post makes me giddy inside. I can't wait to hit up my local Target. I need that eyeybrow pencil pronto. I use clinic's and I've been looking for a cheaper replacement. I also love that blush and lip stick. Thanks! :)

Linz said...

I am with you....Keira's whole mouth bugs. I hate the way she talks....saying that, can I be as skinny as her?!