Tuesday, March 6, 2012

a girl's gotta eat


Living in Nebraska has afforded me the opportunity to do a lot of pinterest-ing.
i've been doing a LOT of cooking/baking/EATING.
i've weeded out the good from the bad and
you can thank Nebraska weather for this post.

The best of Pinterest food begins now.




Healthy Licks:


My Review: SO GOOD. And surprisingly filling! A great breakfast or' tweener. (snack between meals)

My Everyday Smoothie

1 cup Almond milk
1 Banana
1/2 Cup frozen Mango
1/2 Cup frozen Pineapple
handfuls of spinach
2 T. flaxseed {milled}
My Review: my everyday smoothie...I'd say it's pretty much the bomb.com



Breakfast Time:



My Review: Delish. And healthy. (a must if you've just had a baby...that bran helps keep things moving) Did I say too much?




My Review: I LOVE the blueberry sauce for this and it couldn't be easier. However, just put it on steel cut oats and regular oatmeal with a little almond milk and Slenda.

Keeping it Real with Quinoa {keen-wa} :


Review: This salad is SO SO good. It's not the quickest salad around but I could eat it for days. Want to steal the show? Bring this goody to the next book club.

Review: SO scrumptious (and it has veggies!!) Again, it's not the quickest meal but it is SO worth the time.


Pretty PASTA:

Review: We love this recipe. Hint: Trader Joe's Ravioli put it over the top. (We got the 3 Cheese and Lobster)
Review: It had me at bacon.


Review: This yum-o soup makes a mountain. Invite friends!


Pizzeria:

Review: The BEST home-made pizza I have ever had. MMMmm...

Review: Made this little ditty with Famous Daves' Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce. My hubby almost died. So good.

Appetizing Appetizer:

Review: Made this to try and fix my Oregano's craving. Have you had their Boom Dip? Salivating. It was a great imitation.

Comfort Food:

Review: Made with some brown rice and had a happy family. I LOVE using my crockpot- anything to save a little time in the kitchen!

Review: Oh yum. And easy!



have you found a knockout recipe that we need to know about? don't be shy. tell us!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

yummmmmmmm! Thank you for sharing these amazing recipes. I was so stumped on what to make for dinner tonight and now I'm inspired. Love it!

--Shelby

P.S. I am your SIL Alexandra's cousin! :) Love the blog!

* Courtney * said...

Love your girls' blog! Also great list of yummy food!

Katie Peterson said...

Thank you for this yummy, helpful post! Now you have a new stalker on pinterest! ;-)