Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eyebrows.

For those of you who have been readers of TBM for a while, you know I am an "eyebrow nazi" of sorts.

When I first started working at MAC, one of my trainers told me something that stuck with me: "Eyes are like a picture and your brows are like the picture frame. Without the frame, the picture doesn't stand out as much."

Case.In.Point.
Are you scared? I'm scared. And vindicated.

So here's the scoop.

GROOM your brows by using a brow comb and brushing the hairs upward. Then take cuticle scissors and trim the long stragglers.

WAX by a pro. And I don't mean the little ladies at the nail salon. They are the furthest thing from professionals AND everyone I know has had half their brow waxed off by them.

TWEEZE in between waxes to keep the shape.

FILL IN any bald spots with an appropriate brow pencil. Rule of thumb: If your hair is light, your brows should be a shade darker. If your hair is dark, your brows should be a shade lighter. A great universal pencil is MAC Lingering (I've said it once and I'll say it again!).

A general diagram for shaping brows.



Also, please, PLEASE, no Sharpie brows (anyone else a Seinfeld fan?)

...or (forgive me) sperm brows. You know the shape.



Here's a link to our brow video we did about a year ago.

I am always open for waxing/brow shaping!
email me ourbeautymark@hotmail.com for an appointment.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, I am a total Seinfeld fan. And of course and Uncle Leo fan as well--that was a great episode. Thanks for the laugh...oh and the eyebrow tips! :)

Leigh said...

Crap. I think I'm guilty of the Sharpie brow.