Thursday, September 8, 2011

pregnancy potions.

Let's be honest: we all need help getting through pregnancy. It takes a village, right?!

Lately I can't be bothered to put liquid foundation on my face (even if it is just a tinted moisturizer). In fact, I am barely (and begrudgingly) putting moisturizer/spf on in the morning. This baby is makin' me lazy.

Luckily, I have found a product to incorporate into my routine that give my skin the flawless look without the need for a daily dose of liquid foundation! (Are you listening?!)

We all know how I feel about face powder. I hardly ever recommend it unless oil is dripping from your skin while you are begging me to put it on. For reals. But I was introduced to a fantastic product recently that changed my mind--and get this: it's a face powder!!

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder-Pressed. This colorless, weightless powder instantly photoshops your skin. You can use it before or after your foundation or on its own. It has special optics in it that blur your skin so it looks super flawless, smooth, and rids it of obvious shine and imperfection. Sounds dreamy, right?! It seriously makes my heart smile. And so does the price: a mere $23!


Other things that are getting me through?

Bright and cheery nail polish (loving OPI's Hot and Spicy)

Goldwell's Top Whip mousse to give my life-less hair some body

MAC Opulash mascara and it's 15-hour wear
Homemade chocolate pudding with homemade whipped cream (yup.)

I can tell you what is making this pregnancy harder.
H being one million miles away. Misses her face.

Here's where I have to reach out to our TBM readers--does anyone have an amazing Lactic acid exfoliant they use? I prefer to use chemical exfoliants, but the only one you can use while pregnant is Lactic. Any ideas or suggestions?

1 comment:

•Kristin• said...

i need to try that powder! dermalogica's exfoliant accelerator 35 is great! you can use it alone or with another mild exfoliant like daily microfoliant to kick things up a notch. I LOVE it, and the main ingredient is lactic acid ;) it'll keep your skin looking gorgeous!