Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emmy's 2011

Can you believe it's already that time again? Time for us to pick apart Emmys fashion! {squeal!!} The only thing better than this would be actually going to the Emmys... sigh. But don't worry if you didn't watch all 16 hours...we'll break it down for you.



The best, beautiful and worst of the Emmys according to H & C.


THE BEST


H's Choice was Nina Dobrev wearing this red hot Donna Karan gown. She puts the "vah" in VIXEN. The fit, the color (which was everywhere), the accessories. This definetley gets my style award for the night! This girl knows how to wear a dress!!


C's pick is the lovely Lea Michele in Marchesa. I DIE. I love love love the shoulders, the open back, the hair, the makeup, the minimal accessorizing. I think she looks perfect. Plus, so on trend with the red dress! {I wonder if they all knew that a million stars would also show up in red gowns?}


Honorable Mentions:

A close second for H. I DIED when I saw Nancy O'Dell {ET host} in this dress. The earrings? Are you kidding me? This looks is perfection.



I love this Calvin Klein pick for Katie Holmes. While it isn't extremely fancy by any means, I think she looks great. I REALLY wish she would have accessorized with some giant chandelier earrings to spice it up a little. But still a great look for her.

Don't shoot the messenger, but Kelly Osbourne has never looked so glam! I am obsessed with this J. Mendel frock. I also love her accessories. She gets negative points for the hair though (grey-blonde never has been a good look.)

Remember Julia Stiles? Ya, me neither. But she showed up in this lacy Georges Hobeika Couture gown and all eyes were on her. The lilac hue is so unexpected for fall, and her lack of accessories actually make the whole look better! (I can't believe I am saying that...)


Christina Hendricks. I LOVE the dress. But...I could have done with a little less CLEV if ya know what I mean. During interviews 'the twins' were tucked away but red carpet comes and BAM...in your {her} face. Other than that little/big glitch I think her hair and makeup and porcelain skin look gorgeous.


WORST

H's pick for the worst of the night...Gweneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci. The little see-through section was just not working. It had a sheer over-lay -which I didn't realize at first- and thought her tummy resembled that of what I imagine Betty Whites' looking like. The top looks like the majority of my Forever 21 shirts that have shrunk into toddler size. Sorry Gwen, maybe had I seen you in real life {where was my invite?} you wouldn't have gotten such a terrible review.

Oh, Jules. Go home. Just turn around and go home. Your ruddy Santa Claus complexion mixed with the Pepto Bismol dress is enough to send me into early labor.

C's other pick for worst dressed was Dianna Agron. I'm not sure what kind of polyester blend fabric this is, but the horrible color only makes it look worse. I'm all for cobalt, but this is electric blue on drugs (and I'm hoping this is a hallucination.)

Who was YOUR favorite?

Who was the WORST?

*** Scroll down to score a fab vintage dress, hand picked by TBM***

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I agree with Nina Dobrev being best-dressed! She looked AMAZING!!! My close 2nd though was Sofia Vergara! Of course, she always looks amazing in anything she wears, but her red vera wang dress was one of the prettiest I have ever seen her wear!! And she had these awesome HUGE emerald earrings to go with it! Loved it!

Kayla said...

I also LOVED sofia vergara's dress. (it was red too) so beautiful!!!