Friday, June 17, 2011

FTF: i spy ikat

Last year, I decided I wanted to sew a skirt. I had a specific silhouette in mind (full and pleated at the bottom and high waisted at the top). When I saw this fabric I fell in love with it. It's so unique and fun. Alas, I cut out all the pieces but have not ever sewn it together. Maybe someday this project will come to fruition.
The reason I dusted the cobwebs off the fabric to begin with is because I started seeing variations of it everywhere! It even has a name: Ikat. Are we all aware of this trend? Let me introduce you.


oh, hi, RB. you are so fabulous. We shoulda known you'd participate in this trend.

yup, mark my words: Ikat is HUGE!



I couldn't believe how easy it was to find cute Ikat pieces. All I did was go to some of my favorite stores and typed "ikat" in the search bar. Voila!
F21 Dress, $19.80



J Crew dress, $148 (obviously this dress has to happen in my life asap.)

I love that ikat comes in approximately one million colors and patterns, so I assure you that you can find the perfect one for you! If you're too nervous about wearing ikat, put splashes of it into your home with pillows or draperies! This is one trend that literally everyone can grab hold of.


How are you going to incorporate Ikat prints into your life this summer??

No comments: