Friday, May 13, 2011

shorts story

Shorts weather is upon us, and, I'm not gonna lie, it kinda makes me cringe to think about it. My legs just aren't cut out for shorts. You know the legs I am talking about: white, not toned at all, chicken calves, and hardly ever shaved. But let's be honest, by the time the temps are rising above 100, I'm not going to care what people are thinking about my legs (not entirely true, but I'll pretend to be above the vanity).

Here's some good shorts options for this summer if you, like me, want to keep at least half of the legs covered.

Trouser short. Amazing for dressing up and for those of us with fuller hips and thighs.


Mustard shorts. No need to explain further.
Gap $39.95


Legging Short (the "lort" or the "shegging". It's this seasons "jegging.")
Gap $49.95


Cuffed shorts. Love these because you can wear them rolled up (on skinny thigh days) or down (on I-just-ate-a-pint-of-ice-cream-days)
Gap $39.95


Drawstring short (comfy enough to wear to Thanksgiving dinner if you know what I'm sayin'.)
Nordstrom $39.90


Isn't a silky short a must have in everyone's wardrobe? It's not? Hmm. That needs to change.
Nordstrom $245 (ya, like that's gonna happen)


Cargo short (last season's IT capri, now in shorts!)


Readers: do share your cute shorts web links! We need as many cute pairs as we can get in this hot weather!

No comments: