Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ACM Award Fashion

This just in: I L.O.V.E. Country music. It's my most favorite. As such, I love it when my country stars hook it up in some serious fashion.

Case in point: this year's Academy of Country Music Awards.

BEST DRESSED:

Let's just be wowed right off the bat with Taylor Swift. WOW. Best dressed for sure. Her hair and makeup compliment this Elie Saab dress to utter perfection. So dreamy and (dare I quote her album?) enchanted.


Carrie Underwood in Jean Fares, gorgey gorg.


IFFY:

LBB (Laura Bell Bundy) will always hold a special place in my heart because she played Elle Woods on the Broadway rendition of Legally Blonde (which just so happens to be the best show ever, period, the end). BUT..is this dress to Oscar-central for the ACM's? I think on a different occasion I would love it, but it might be a little overkill for this event (I can't believe I'm saying that. Elle Woods could never be overkill.)

I just cannot decide what I think about B Deck's Victoria Beckham frock. I think it would be better on someone less, ahem, endowed? But I love the color and Victoria Beckham's clothing line can do no wrong.


And this, ladies and gents, is why country music gets a bad rep:

Let's try not to legitimize too many country music stereotypes in one outfit, k?


While we are talking country music, let me just remind you that Country Strong comes out on DVD today! bestdayever. I, for one, am hosting a DVD release party in honor of this groundbreaking epic (who am I kidding? I just want to see Garrett Hedlund serenade Leighton Meester.)






2 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

Your girls blog is one of my favorites so I linked it up to vintage revivals blog today she is having a blog crush day. I am over at seasonaljane.blogspot.com thanks for all the fun posts!

scrapmom4 said...

We LOVE Legally Blonde broadway style!!