Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Magazines: Need and Want

When I read magazines, I fold down page after page of things I want or am inspired by. I vehemently make notes in my head (as though I will be quizzed on the mag's contents at a later date) and always have the best of intentions to come back to these pages. I never do. Until recently, when I thought to myself, "Maybe I should go back and see why I dog-eared these pages!"

Here's what I discovered:

Apparently I really need a Nautical Stripe Tee . Who knew?

Gold Initial Dog Tag gives a spin on the traditional initial necklace

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion normally I don't suggest using a toner (people love to use and abuse it), but since most people prefer a toner to an exfoliant I loved that this one is double duty: it even has salicylic acid in it!



Revlon Crazy Shine nail buffer: I love myself some shiny nails, especially if it means I can go polish free for a few days and get away with it!


Under the "Check it Out!" category in People Style Watch this month it told me that I must watch Audrina's new show that is coming out (VH1, April 17) How do we feel about this?

Why in the world would I NOT need silky mauve pants?


Love this trick from T. Swift: "I have a good cat-eye trick: Draw an imaginary line from your bottom lash up toward your temple--that's where you make the flick. It's all about getting the perfect angle." Couldn't have said it better myself!

Who knew that Urban Outfitters had such amazing home decor? You must investigate. (there's too many gems to only pick one to put on here.)

LOVE these shoes. So perfect for summer I can barely breathe. I think these might just be my new staple!



Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap Here's the claim: Liquid soap made with certified organic oils. Over 18 different claimed uses - everything from soap and shampoo to toothpaste, massage oil, shaving cream and deodorant. Doesn't that sound luxurious??



Michelle Williams in Marie Claire: flawless. I LOVE her lipstick! How rude of MC to not divulge the color. I think MAC Saint Germaine would do the trick though!



2 comments:

Jake and Kalli said...

I have to get that striped shirt as soon as Jonesy pops out!! :)

Pepper Lovin! said...

HOly smokes. H and I were just talking last night and I said I didn't love michelles (we are on a first name basis) cut. but the new color! it's looks soooo good on her.