Friday, March 25, 2011

Fashion Tip Friday: Bangs be Gone

Tired of your bangs?




Yikes. This picture makes me cringe! Cutting them shorter is NOT going to help.

It'll take a good 6 months to let them grow out but here are a few tips to help get you through it.


1. If your bangs were cut super blunt, or you have a lot of thick bangs start to push them to the side like Miss Olsen for the first month or so.

If your hair is more fine/thin your side swept bangs can be a little more piece-y like Rashida Jones.
2. Once they grow past your brows I love a good middle-part as seen on Jessica.
3. Another good trick to get them out of your way is to braid them in with your longer hair. It's waaay easier than it looks! Just make sure to tuck the ends into the braid to prevent having those short fly-aways. And when all else fails...hairspray!

4. Things get less awkward as they move toward the cheek bone. {yay!!}

5. And last, but not least, we have reached our final destination!! I cannot stress enough how much I LOOOOVE a center part with long bangs. YUMMY.


post signature

2 comments:

*your daily dose said...

a center part with long bangs is just gorgeous! thanks for all the fabulous ideas. i am love your blog. in fact, i love it so much i gave you two a blog award over at my blog! check it out!

XO

makall

everydaydose.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I could've used this post 2 weeks ago. I am trying to grow mine out but get fed up and go chop them again. This will help me stick with my plan. Thanks.