Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Wardrobe

I have this thing about matching. Basically, I don't want to match. I much prefer eclectic color combos, as I find them to be more visually interesting than the traditional. I have found that people will say, "I can never put an outfit together!" Is it because you are restricting yourself based on old fashioned rules of color schemes?
I like to think of my outfits as a way for me to express my individuality, personality and mood. Rules just don't fit into this creative regime of mine. Such is the case most days of the week. This WW is no exception.

Without further ado, here is my "un-matched" outfit for this weekend {mostly centered around these new turq earrings that I LOVE!}



Ruffle shirt: GAP
Cardi: TARGET
Jeggings: GAP
Turquoise earrings: F21 (recent)

Also, I'd like to point out that this is my new favorite hair style. I'll let you in on a little secret: if you braid your hair, most people will think you spent time on it. Rumor has it that I have been wearing my hair in a multitude of braid variations for 2 weeks now. {just saying.}


post signature

5 comments:

The Bostock Fam said...

I have to ask though. are there any rules that MUST stick. My hubby and my father and I argue the blue/black brown/black rule all the time. what is your fashion forward opinion?

Auburn said...

must. have. those. earrings. NOW.

Scott+Tiffany said...

Love the outfit and hair do! I definitely have a "matchy matchy" problem. haha

The Cluffs said...

You are such a doll!

Brenn said...

I'm definitely a matcher. A mega matcher. But I don't feel like those don't match? I love this whole outfit so much!