Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Loot

'Twas a good Christmas at the Rogers' household. This may or may not be due to the fact that I pretty much bought, and subsequently knew about, all of my presents. Don't get me wrong: I love surprises. But my conversation to my husband basically goes something like this:

C: "I want you to get me something super fab for Christmas, but I want it to be a surprise."
Hudson: "Well can you give me a hint?"
C: "No. I wish I could, but I don't even know what I want. I guess I'll know it when I see it." {cut to me buying 90% of my gifts...hmmm I wonder why??}

Hudson tries so hard to get me something amaze-balls every year. I like to imagine that I am super easy to shop for. Apparently that's not the case?

However, I was pleasantly surprised by Hudson's gift of choice this year {literally. he gave me a choice.}

Dear readers, which shall I go for?
The Canon Rebel XS or the new Amazon Kindle?



While we are concentrating about that decision, I will share with you the rest of my Christmas loot:


A Flip Camera.
Do you guys have one of these? It.is.awesome. I feel like a filmographer. Is that a word? Perhaps I should say videographer. Either way. I'm practically professional.


duh.


I have been wanting a rose gold watch for FOREVER. When I went on a last minute gift run for H {more on that later} I impulse bought myself this one {it was on sale!} with the rationalization that I would probably return it.
No can do.
I put it under the tree for myself and have worn it everyday since.
You may think that rose gold isn't versatile enough.
I am here to tell you that it is!!

btw-in case you were wondering {or care} rose gold is created when yellow gold is mixed with copper. I know, I am a wealth of knowledge.



And as for the {save the best for last} gift, my little sister bought me and my mom and older sis an all expenses paid trip to NYC! Can you believe?!

so.excited.



What was your favorite gift this year???

post signature

4 comments:

Allison Leigh said...

Dang your sister is the bomb!!! I want to go to NYC!!! Jealous to the fo-real degree!

Allison Leigh said...

Also, I think I would choose the camera. I don't know how much you read, but I would think you'd get more use out of a camera with that cute little boy to take pictures of. =)

nicole ...given said...

kindle kindle kindle!

Scott+Tiffany said...

What a fabulous Christmas! I'm kinda sorry you told me about rose gold. And by sad I mean for my bank account. What a fun concept! I love that you have worn it every day since. That is what I do when I get something new too. It's how I justify the purchase : )