Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rachel McAdams

Is it bad that I have a mild-to-moderate girl crush on the gorgeous {and un-fairly flawless} Rachel McAdams? She first flew into my radar as mean girl Regina George. But let's all admit it- we fell in love with her as Allie in the Notebook (arguably the greatest love story ever told. If you didn't cry while watching it then you are officially soul-less).

As if it weren't enough to star in one of my favorite book-to-screen adaptations, Rachel had to go make The Time Traveler's Wife, which is one of the best books I've ever read. {swoon}

Anyway, I have loved Rachel (yup, first name basis) for forever. She almost ruined my life when her and Ryan Gossling (a.k.a. Noah Calhoun) broke up in real life. But her acting ability and fabulous character representations are not the only reasons I adore her.

Let's take a look at some of R's defining beauty moments, including her spread in this month's In Style...

Oh hi there, Brigitte Bardot - I mean, Rachel. She has fan-freaking-tastic hair and the most glowing skin ever.




So pretty. Love her as a blondey-blonde. But she is one of those girls that can pull off any hair color (if I didn't love her, I would hate her.)



The hair, the makeup and the wardrobe in this shoot are perfect genius. She really knows how to work the 60's mod era and utilize the playful sex-kitten vibe.

This pic makes me never, ever want to give up winged eyeliner. Not that I wanted to in the first place. But if I ever start doubting myself I will put this picture on my fridge.



What is your favorite Rachel McAdams movie??

granted, it is hard to choose. but mine has to be the Notebook, because it is one of the few movies that I simply must watch if i see that it is on t.v. {plus her outfits in it are to.die.for.}

post signature

7 comments:

Speedy Gonzales said...

She is one of my favorites too! Every movie she is in she makes better, she has such a fun-loving personality on screen.

Nina Fenn said...

i agree notebook all the way!!! it can always make me cry and i never skip a chance to watch it!

Jake and Kalli said...

For sure the Notebook! Why can't everyone have that style these days? I love it!

Allison Leigh said...

NOTEBOOK baby!!!! I too have a serious girl crush on Rachel. She is so beautiful and flawless and I too wish I could rock the winged liner and a beehive hairdo! Ughh if only!!! =) hah.

Jamie said...

I'm in love with her too. She was just on Regis and Kelly the other day and she looked amazing. I think her hair is red now and it looks great. I loved the Notebook... all time favorite but my most recent favorite around the Holiday times is The Family Stone. Have you seen it? It's one of my favorite movies too. She's so cute in it.

Caton Ann said...

I have been obsessed with Rachael McAdams for forever as well!!! Oddly i sort of like her in the family stone where she is kind of a mean tomboy but of course mean girls and the notebook reign supreme!

The Cluffs said...

I love her too! She is gorg! Haven't seen her as a blonde yet... love it! Def, Notebook!