Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MK & A

I fancy myself quite the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen fan slash know-it-all. I realize that maybe this is not a bragging matter, but nonetheless I can't seem to stop myself from publicly obsessing over their absolute fabulousness. I think my infatuation started when I was in elementary school with the beginning of Full House. I bought all of their straight-to-DVD movies (even the ones where they pretended to be able to sing but really couldn't...) Anyway, I really wanted to join the MK & A fan club but my mom wouldn't spot me the $20 to enroll (still a little bitter. I bet I could have gotten a sweet faux-autographed picture of them.) To this day, every time either (or both) MK & A are on the cover of a magazine, doing an appearance on a talk show, or are cameo-ing in a movie, I MUST partake of whatever pop culture they are participating in. If only I could afford anything from either of their uber-chic fashion houses, The Row or Elizabeth and James.

{As with any unhealthy-preoccupation, I recognize that I refuse to believe the worst of MK & A. Eating disorders? Please. Drug addiction? Don't be ridiculous.}

But along with my bizarre knowledge of all things Olsen comes with my uncanny ability to differentiate between the twins. Sometimes even magazines get it wrong and they will call Ashley Mary-Kate, or vice versa (do your homework, people!!) Just for fun, let's see if you guys can guess who's who?

I'll start you off with an easy one...






"I don’t know—you’re either on the worst-dressed list or you’ve started a fashion trend. I think there’s a real disconnect between the media’s perception of fashion and the fashion world’s idea of fashion. I don’t know why I wear some of the things I wear. I like wearing crazy things sometimes. I like being playful. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing dress-up and becoming a character. It’s sort of like an art. It can change your mood or the way that people are attracted to you.” MK

I wanted these sunglasses so bad circa 2007 when they wore them...


Well, what did you come up with??



post signature

3 comments:

Brooke said...

ah! I can't remember who is who. I think mary kate is the blonde and ashley the brunette? AH I want to go watch their ollld movies now!

Theresa said...

I have allllways loved "the twins"...In fact, I found myslef perplexed over the anquish of whether or not to post such a story on my blog. I can always tell them apart. (MK is my fave)..First pic she is on right; Second one, on right;Third LEFT;Fourth LEFT;Fifth left (COME ON THAT DRESS IS AWESOME, dont really understand why nobody liked it;
I am so glad I have an outlet to express my admiration for these two! (especially MK)I agree on everything you said: I too cannot pass up a magazine cover with one of these gems on it!!

The twins do have a fashion line at JC Penney "Olsenboye"..I havent seen any of the pieces, but it might be geared twards a tween audience...Not too sure...


Ahhh...deep breath, I feel SO much BETTER NOW!!!

Courtney Rogers said...

Theresa,
haha you are hilarious! You totally got them all right, of course. PS Love your blog :)