Friday, November 19, 2010

fTf

This week's edition of fTf comes courtesy of a reader question, presented to us by the darling Nicole, who writes:

"I have this sassy p-leather jacket and I don't know what to wear it with! I also dont want to look like a biker chick HELPPP."


First off, we love that she calls her faux leather p-leather. Hilar.


Okay this is a common inquiry with a simple answer. I am assuming that we are all at least vaguely aware of how popular leather jackets are this season (leather or p-leather. either or.)I personally am LOVING this trend and I found the best Member's Only grey leather jacket at Nordstrom Rack a while back (I probably already told you this...?) anyway I am still seething about it because I didn't buy it. Consequentely I am still waiting for a (cheaper) option to jump out at me, as I am not actively searching for a leather jacket. However, if I DID buy one, I def would not want to look like a "biker chick" either, N. I think leather jackets look best when paired with feminine separates and/or statement jewelry.


Here's some specific ideas of what to do with a leather jacket:


Either a wide leg trouser jean or some jeggings would perfectly fit the bill to compliment a leather jacket, especially if it is cropped.





Buy the jacket in an unexpected color, i.e. camel, grey, even dark purple (or teal, just like Serena VDW).



Keep in mind that a leather jacket with a girlie dress is the perfect mix of masculine and feminine.




We also LOVE the look with a blousy white T and an awesome statement necklace (just for the sake of argument, I will put it out there that I do not like the necklace that is in this picture)


THIS necklace (in any of the three vivid colors it is available in) would look gorg. Especially with this yummy grey jacket.


or this one...


Hope this helps, N!


Now, go buy yourself some leather. Or, if you are an environmentalist, invest in some p-leather :)




post signature

5 comments:

nicole said...

yay! totally helps i'm going to be so hott now!

e.day said...

ohh i totally need to get one now. that ultra girly dress and jacket combo is uhmazing. i want to wear it immediately.

lindsay said...

love this post! thank you for the great tips...also nicole this is a great question that i needed advice on as well :)

lindsay said...

love this post! thank you for the great tips...also nicole this is a great question that i needed advice on as well :)

Katie Peterson said...

LOVE YOU BLOG! You girls are very talented and so adorable! Thanks for the fun this morning!!