Sunday, July 25, 2010

WW

Have you been introduced to Chevron stripe patterns in clothing? Oooh, I wish you would. SO super flattering! The diagonal lines draw the eye to the waist, which is exactly the point when dressing yourselves. Always play up the smallest part of your waist to give the illusion of an hour glass shape. This can be done with dress silhouettes, belts, tailored blouses and jackets, or fabric patterns like this one!

I got this dress a while back on eBay, where they have an assortment of fantastic vintage dresses from various sellers.

**tip: search "chevron stripe vintage dress"**



Dress: vintage

Shoes: Madden Girl

Necklace: F21

Belt: F21

Earrings: Nordstrom

And, just in case you're wondering, I am wearing MAC lipstick in Snob.

post signature

3 comments:

kayla and tyler said...

I love this outfit! The dress is to die for and I'm loving the shoes!

Leigh said...

I can't even remember how I stumbled on your blog, but I think it is Fabulous! You girls are darling. Question - I have been searching everywhere for a great pair of nude heals. I tried looking for your Madden Girl's and can't seem to find them. What is the style name?

-Leigh

Courtney Rogers said...

Hi Leigh! Okay my shoes are from last year, and they are actually kind of a mauvey-pinkish-nude color. I can't find them online, but I did find you some other options!
These ones are $49 and super stylish! http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265246468620&c=Page&cid=1265248215402&collAssetType=LBIProductSet&pagename=vsdWrapper
Also, Steve Madden has a few options, but they are more expensive
http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=51704&path=|womens%20shoes|neutrals%20and%20blush|
Let me know if any of them work for you!
C