Saturday, February 27, 2010

rompie romp romp

I love me a good romper. Something about it just reminds me of the good ol' days. And plus, I feel like the one piece shape can be so flattering. My recent inspiration comes from Stella McCartney's line of jumpsuits and rompers.
Dear Stella, please be my best friend. And thanks for bringing the romper back in style. Now please make more affordable versions for yours truly. -C
I'm not gonna lie. I love the Olsen twins. And I will always deny that they are in any way involved in drugs/alcohol/eating disorders. So don't try and convince me. And I know you can't deny Mary-Kate in this outfit.

K, but seriously, why is it so hard to find a romper that is not daisy-duke-short?? That was my dilemma that I decided to conquer a few months ago. I recently started learning how to sew {more on that another day} and I had been wanting to make myself a romper for forever. I went to the internet and found me a good vintage (1970's) pattern {since apparently they do not make modern romper patterns. lame.} My mom helped me sew it and I think it turned out cute!! Ya? There is also a dress version of the pattern that's like the romper but a dress and I am fixin' on making it in gray. Die.
{accessories by Forever 21, tights by Target, shoes by Jessica Simpson}


Here are some other rompers I am enjoying lately. They are all too short (drat!) but they would be darling bathing suit cover ups!

3 comments:

JD and Hillary Darner said...

tre chic! can i commission you to make me one? make me look like gwen please!

Rachel S. said...

Okay so I don't have a blog but I found this cute style blog through my friend Kalli's page. And I have to say I am such a fan already!! Love every post and had to get some of the "fake bake" bronzer stuff too!

P.S.- I will pay you to make me a romper just like yours, not even kidding! I loved it!

angela hardison said...

are you kidding me?! AMAZING, i love it. great job!

if only i looked good in a romper...